Wednesday, March 15, 2006

66 Mafia

The fourth lowest point total ever, two nights after scoring 111? I’m ashamed. Really, I am. Usually 2000 some-odd miles would be buffer enough to take the sting out of a colossal beat down, but getting held below 70 by a team fighting to get into the playoffs in the East is enough to send feelings of inadequacy and humiliation all the way back to the Pacific Northwest. Other than Zach, no Blazer scored more than eight points, which means guys like Darius Miles and Sebastian Telfair were outscored by non-American born hoops legends like Andres Nocioni and Luke Schenscher. Nothing like letting a guy from Hope Forest, South Australia put up a career high on you.


While the team was eager to hit the town after the game for a post-beat down Chicago-Style pizza eating contest, tight scheduling forced them to hop on a plane to the Garden State for a game against the Nets tonight. I’ve been doing a little math, and if the current trend of scoring big (as in the game against Phoenix) is then followed by scoring little (as in the game against Chicago) then logic would tell up that the Blazers are set to go off tonight. The Blazers scored 45 more points on Sunday than they did on Tuesday, so I figure that this time around, the Blazers should score somewhere around 156 points. I’m not sure if that will be enough to win, but it should at least give them a shot.


Though I recently stated that I didn’t want to discuss the drama that is Paul Allen vs. Portland, Helen Jung has a fascinating article and Q&A with NBA don David Stern. He doesn’t divulge much, but just his involvement signals that this thing is big, and only going to get bigger. When is that damn liberal media going to start reporting some good news?

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Sam said...

I linked to this post, and your prediction of 156 points. Just thought I'd throw you the compliment:

tinyurl.com/n6jv9

-Sam
bucks.mostvaluablenetwork.com

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Lance Uppercut said...

Thanks Sam.

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Pants information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home